Mount Sumbing is separated from its similarly conical neighbour, Gunung Sindoro, by the Kledung Pass (1,404m) and is the second highest peak in Central Java. Its only known eruption was in 1730 but there is still minor volcanic activity in the crater. It is most commonly climbed from the north from the basecamp at Garung village, which is very near to Kledung where there is a decent hotel.
Day 1 Arrive Jogjakarta (D)
Please book your flight to Jogjakrta before 1.00pm
-Pick up from Airport or Hotel in Jogja.
-Journey to basecamp Sumbing about 6 to 8 hours.
-Overnight at Basecamp
Day 2 Summit day (B,L)
-Wake up at 2.00am and at2.30am start attack Summit of Mt Sindoro.
- It take 3 to 4 hours to reach summit for normal people pace.
- Enjoy the sunrise then descend to Basecamp.
- Take breakfast then descend to head trail.
- conclude the trip.
- Licensed and experience Guide and Porter.
- Camping Equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, cooking gear).
- Meals, Fruits and Snack
- Drink (hot water, coffee, Tea)
- Return Transportation.
- Transfer In / out.
- Accident Donation.
- Entrance Fee
- One fee hiking training.
- All meals except those indicates 2D/1N in trekking program.
- Porter for personal bag pack / luggage.
- Tipping & gratuities to guide & porter
- Personal travel insurance, pre - trip medical immunizations
- All expenses of a personal nature
- International flight
What to bring :
- Backpack (at least 35 littlies) *
- Hiking shoe *
- Slipper *
- Sleeping bag *
- Extra film
- Toilet paper
- Hat / cap
- Sun cream.
- Warm Clothing ( fleece ) wind jacket. *
- Flash light or torch light *
- Rain Coat ( during Rain Season Nov-March ) *
* Is the item must bring.