Mount Siguniang (4 Sisters) Trekking via San Feng (5355M) – 07 Days
Mt. Siguniang area is a stunning 4 peaked mountain range (the highest 6250 m) in the North West of Sichuan. On this tour will be able to summit the 5025m first peak (Dafeng) of Mt Siguniang and require no technical mountain experience. All we will need is to be physically fit! We will experience the local Tibetan culture, trek along 3 of the stunning valleys in the Mt Siguniang area, as well as seeing the stunning scenery and conquer Dafeng!
During the tour we will experience the stunning scenery of the Mt Siguniang area and experience the warmth of the local minority Tibetan people and its cultures.
Best Season Apr to Oct
Altitude 5030 meter
Airport to Chengdu Town
Overnight in Chengdu.
Chengdu – Rilong (Altitude 3200M) (Hostel) (B and D)
An early 8:00am start is required as Rilong is over 250km from Chengdu. After an hour or so, you will briefly stop at the town of Yingxiu devastated by 8.0 Reiter scale earthquake in 2008. Roughly halfway to Rilong, will stop at Wolong for lunch before continuing on our journey. As we travel further into the Sichuan Mountains, the more impressive the scenery becomes. The spectacular steep sided green hills dotted with picturesque Tibetan villages can easily viewed from the top of the numerous high passes the route will take (e.g. Balangshan Pass (4520m)). On arrival in the Tibetan town of Rilong, you will eat and stay at a traditional guesthouse.
Day 3 Hike Along Changping Valley (Altitude 3600M) (Guesthouse)(B and D)
To help with acclimatization for our forthcoming climb, we will visit and walk along the Changping Valley, a long gently sloping sided valley, featuring the spectacular untouched scenery. Starting at 09:00 from your guesthouse, the days 18km hike will allow you to peer into the cultures of local minorities, see the stunning (weather dependant) snow-capped views of Mt.Siguniang, Mt. Pomiu & Mt. Luotuofeng (Camel peak) and visit the Tibetian temple, Lamasi. On return to the guesthouse at Rilong, final preparations for our ascent of Mt. Siguniang will be made.
Rilong – San Feng Base Camp. (Altitude 4300M) (Camping or Mountain Hut) (B and D)
The second day of hiking (17km) will take about 7 hours. As we progress along the route we will pass Tibetan pagoda’s (Baita) and prayer flags. Finally we leave the narrow valleys and start to climb up the mountain, where the landscape opens out to sport even more spectacular views of the numerous impressive peaks (many unclimbed and some even unnamed). The further we hike up the mountain, the wilder landscape becomes. As we arrive at the base camp (4350m), the stupendous rock walls of Mt Siguniang will gradually emerge. If time permits, will hike around base camp to further help acclimatization, before returning base camp to rest and prepare for tomorrows climb.
Note: - Participnt need to prepare own walking food.
San Feng Base Camp to Summit and back to Rilong. (Altitude 5030M) (B and D) (Hostel)
An early 2am departure from basecamp give us the best chance of summiting the mountain. Trek up the steps toward the high-pass directly north of the base camp. At the high-pass, the trail goes to the reverse slopes and curls right up to the summit of Sanfeng. Descend to the Sanfeng base camp at 4300m. Vertical ascend: about 700m
Note: - Participnt need to prepare own walking food.
Rilong to Chengdu
Rilong to Chengdu take 6 hours. (B) (Hostel)
Jalan Jalan Cari Makan
Transfer to airport and conclude the trip. (B)
2. Car Transport
3. Gears: Camping tents, toilet tent, mattresses, sleeping bags and other gears as required
5. Twin sharing accommodation in economy hotels where available and guesthouses.
6. Food: stated in the schedule.
7. Necessary entrance fees to the tourist sites and parks.
8. Tax and service charge
9. Accommodation in Chengdu 2 to 3 star hotel included breakfast.
1. Flight & train tickets, departure tax and visa fees.
2. Any personal expenses
3. Single supplement additional cost RM500.
4. Horse riding RMB300 per person per day.
Price not applied during the busy holidays in China, including 1st week of Oct, 1st week of May
It Is for me?
For the trek on this trip the general rule is the more preparation you have done for it, the more you will enjoy it. The climb is pretty strenuous as we walk through hilly terrain with our back packs and the temperature is often hot and muggy changing to -5 Celsius at the top of Siguniang (4 sisters). MMG recommend that you undertake regular aerobic activities in 2 month before you trekking, particularly if you are not in the habit of regular exercise. Walking, jogging, swimming or riding a bike are all good ways to increase your aerobic fitness, which will allow you to enjoy the trek to its fullest. This trip is advisable to join MMG organize training trip before join the trip.
• The time schedule subject to change, any change MMG will let participants know early.
• If the trip not enough people MMG have the right to postpone or cancel the trip.
Personal Equipment Required
• Rucksack (60L) with rainproof bag cover
• Day pack (28L) with rainproof bag cover
• Waterproof trekking boots (well-worn in)
• Waterproof jacket & pants
• Fleece Jacket & pants
• Quick dry underwear tops/pants (2-3 suits)
• Warm / Thermal Socks (2-3 pairs)
• Trekking pole
• Sun glasses
• Metal water bottle (1L)
• Casual Shirts & shorts or trousers (for lower altitude)
• Personal care: Toilet kit (toilet paper, Lip Balm, toothbrush & toothpaste, quick dry towel, body cream, sun cream keep small size container
• Climbing Equipment for Erfeng: Helmet, Ascender, Belay device / Descender, Prussic loop, Carabineers, Slings.