( crater senaru, tropical rain forest, wild life)
The Village of Senaru
The Village of senaru Village is located at the base of Mount Rinjani. This mountain, its crater lake, and the surrounding forest are all part of National Park. senaru is but on of the 23 Villages dotted around the mountain considered” gateways" the trails into the park. Another of these villages is Sembalun Lawang, on Rinjani's eastern slope.
From senaru, climber traverses dense tropical jungle to reach the Rim of the crater, from where the view of the lake bellow is incredible. at sunset, the sky positively blazes with every color of the rain bow. According to local legend, the history of senaru is closely related to this crater, for villagers consider the mountain itself as their ancestor.
Day 01: senggigi - senaru - Rim I ( crater senaru )
Early Morning at 05.30am, Drive to Senaru village - take 2 hrs, fetch porter, having breakfast then start the beginning of challenging 7 hrs day. We walk through pristine real rain forest, with tremendous opportunities for viewing wildlife. Camp make on the crater of Senaru (first Rim).
( The part way here simple goes straight up and by time you a stagger into base camp 2 (two) in time for lunch (from the senaru village to base camp 2 take around 3 hrs). You are drenched with sweat, but after hearty bowl of mountain soup prepare by porters, you raring to go again. Its about 2 hrs we are in base camp 3, than continue to the crater for overnight).
Day 02: Rim I – Senaru Village - senggigi
Early morning, awhile you have morning breakfast you can enjoy sunrise, morning view then at 8 am we start for descent to Senaru village and your transport back to the hotel is ready for transfer you. Before 5 p.m. you already in your hotel ( senggigi or drop you to bangsal harbor for the Gili island).
- Licensed and experience: Guide and Porter "Educated from search and rescue"
- safety luggage storage
- All Camping Equipment (Tent, Sleeping Bag, mattress, Toilet tent for deluxe service)
- Meals ( western and Indonesian food ) and drinks ( Aqua water, coffee, tea, milk )
- Accident Donation
- Gunung Rinjani National Park Entrance fee
- All Transfer in Lombok as the following program
- Pick Up service from Airport
- All meals except those indicates in trekking program
- Porterage fee for personal bag pack / luggage
- Tipping & gratuities to guide & porter
- Personal travel insurance, pre - trip medical immunizations
- All expenses of a personal nature
Recommended items to bring
1. Suitable walking shoes / warm clothing / wind breaker / rain coat
2. Gloves / extra socks / Small towel / hat / tissue paper
3. High energy food (chocolates, nuts, raisins)
4. Headache tablets / lip gloss / deep heat lotion ( Sun block)/ plasters
5. Torch light / walking stick / waterproof bag for camera
6. 2 or 3 T-shirt / long trouser / short / swim cloth