Kerinci-Seblat National park which covers an amazing 1.5 million hectares stretch of jungle and mountains. The stunning valley is tucked away high in the Bukit Barisan on Jambies Western border. It is believed that the very dense rainforest and its inaccessibility is the very reason it is one of the last stronghold of seriously endangered species such as Sumatran tigers, and rhinoceros. The region is dominated by the dormant volcanic cone of Gunung Kerinci that rises 3805 meters from the highland. The region is a major vegetable-growing area including hundreds of hectares of tea plantations.
Gunung Kerinci is the highest volcano in Indonesia, and the highest peak on the island of Sumatra.
Seven mountain lakes is the highest lake in Southeast Asia and this lake is also the deepest lake in Indonesia, this lake has a uniqueness that is amazing for nature lovers.
DAY 01: PADANG – KERSIK TUO VILLAGE
Upon arrival at Padang airport, drive to Kersik Tuo village using Public Travel/Bus usually will be Departure from Padang Noon and will arrival in Kersik Tuo very early in the morning. If we arrival in midnight will be overnight at Homestay Pak Subandi
DAY 02 : KRESIK TUO VILLAGE – CAMP IV MOUNT KERINCI
Start early morning walk to the Kerinci Seblat National Park Entrance Gate R10 Pos. Then continue by 4-5 hours trekking to base camp (shelter) at 3,100 M. Overnight in tent (B,L,D).
DAY 03: CAMP IV – SUMMIT – KERSIK TUO VILLAGE
Very Early morning usually at 04:00 am we starting climbing to the summit of Mount Kerinci 3,805 M, then going back to Camp IV packing the Equipment and after lunch go back to Kersik Tuo we will arrival at Village around 7-8 pm, we will overnight at Subandi Homestay (B,L)
DAY 04 : KERSIK TUO VILLAGE – GUNUNG TUJUH LAKES (B,L,D)
Start Early morning by Public or Carter drive to Plompek Village and walk to Gunung Tujuh Lakes at 1996 above sea level, take 2-3 hours trekking, in the lakes we can swimming and relax afternoon return to Kersik Tuo. Overnight at Subandi Guest House
Day 05 : KERSIK TUO – BUKIT TINGGI
In the Morning drive to Bukit Tinggi, overnight in Hotel
DAY 06 : BUKIT TINGGI – MOUNT MARAPI – BUKIT TINGGI
In the Morning or (Night Trekking for Sunrise) drive to close village from Mount Marapi then Ready start the Trek normally take 4-5 hours reaching to top of Mount Merapi 2891m and after explore the Mt Marapi, going down and , drive back to Bukit Tinggi Overnight
DAY 07 : BUKIT TINGGI – PADANG – AIRPORT
Transfer to the airport and Conclude the Trip.
- Transportation with AC / Public Travel
- Accommodation and meals as program with BLD Conditions
- English Speaking guides in One Guide for this Trip
- Entrance fee to Kerinci Seblat National Park and Mount Marapi
- Camping and cooking gears
- Porters Team and Local Guides
- Sleeping Bag by Request
- Nature, culture and traditional preservation financial contribution
- Simple first aid
- MMG will provide 2 mountain hiking training.
Price Excludes of:
- Personal health / medication and baggage insurance
- Tipping and any personal allowance / articles
- Accommodation before and after the program
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- extended Accommodation
- Personal Expenses (phone, Snack, Soft drink, etc)
- Return flight ticket to Padang
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING
- Comfortable trekking shoes
- Windbreaker / jacket, sweater, gloves, ear cover
- Flesh light
- Sun block lotion
- Insect repellent
- Cameras / video camera, binocular
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medicines
- Rain coat
- Sun Block.
- Personal medicine.
- Sun glasses.
- Camera / video (keep it safe from sea water)