Stok Kangri is one of the most popular trekking peaks in the Indian Himalayas; the proximity to Leh brings a lot of people to its summit. Not a very difficult peak to climb, this trip has a short acclimatization trek built in.
(Price is subject to changes without prior notice)
• All travel from arrival at Leh airport on Day 01 till drop at Leh airport on Day 10(by non ac car)
• All arrangements for staying & camping while on the trip
• Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / rest houses / hotels,
• All meals while on trek
• Professional guide fee, sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable,
• All trekking arrangements with India's most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
• Briefing prior to departure
• International airfare
• Del-Leh-Del Airfare
• Visa Fees if any
• Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
• Any stay and meals in Delhi,
• Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing, individual climbing equipment,
• Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, insurance, camera fee
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Itinerary (Subject to changes)
Day 01: KL to Delhi
Day 02: Fly Delhi to Leh (3500m)
Board the early morning flight from Delhi to Leh. It takes a little more than an hour to get to Leh, the capital of Ladakh. Arrive at the hotel for welcome drinks followed by breakfast. Spend the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight Hotel.
Day 03: Monastery visits in Leh.
Spend half the day visiting Shey and Thiksey monasteries around Leh. Return to hotel for lunch and spend the day exploring the Leh market.
Day 04: Leh to Rumbak (3870m) 1hr 30mins drive and 4 to 5 hrs trek.
Drive to Zingchen (3390m) and trek to Rumbak. The trail follows the stream from here till the pastures at Rumbak which is a junction of a few trails. The campsite is a little more than an hour's walk from here.
Day 05: Trek Rumbak to Mankarmo (4250m) 6 to 7 hrs.
After an early morning breakfast we approach the base of the Stok La and start climbing the steep winding trail up to the pass. We camp at a small campsite just short of the bigger campsite of Mankarmo
Day 06: Trek Mankarmo to Stok Kangri Base Camp (4975m) 3 to 4 hrs.
Now we follow the busy trail up to the Stok Kangri base camp. It's a short day with gradual ascent to the campsite
Day 07: Rest at the base camp and move to the High Camp (5315m) 2hrs walk.
Spend the first half of the day relaxing and recuperating before the big climb. Post lunch we move camp to a small campsite just before the glacier. It takes two hours to get here. Dinner and overnight camp.
Day 08: Early Climb to Stok Kangri (6150m) and back to Base camp.9 to 10 hrs
Wake up early in morning to start the climb which crosses the glacier and then start climbing up the steep slope to the summit ridge. A couple of hours of scrambling on the ridge bring us to the summit of the Stok Kangri.
Day 09: Spare Summit day
Day 10: Trek to Stok village and drive to Leh 6 to 7 hrs trek and 1 hr drive.
We exit out of the Stok valley at Stok village. After washing up at the hotel we will have time enough to do last minute shopping in Leh market. Overnight hotel.
Day 11: Fly to Delhi.
It's an early morning flight back to Delhi.
Day 12:Delhi to KL
A deposit of RM2000 is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
Special Note (For trekkers):
It is recommended that all trekkers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any high altitude trek. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from trekking to a high altitude.
Hypertension, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Severe Anemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity (overweight). Chronic Asthma, Muscular Cramps, Hepatitis (Jaundice); or any other disease, which may hamper the trekker.