INDIA Moon Lake Trek, Leh (13D)
You can experience the formation of Himalayas in this tour covering roughly around 800 km of Himalayan region. This tour first brings you to the Shivalik Himalayas between Kiratpur to Mandi. You will be visiting the Lower Himalayan hills in beautiful Beas valley between Mandi (760m) to Manali (2000m.). Continue to the High Himalayas at Rohtang Pass (3978m.), Baralachala Pass (4890m.), Lochulangla Pass (5100m.) and Tanglangla Pass (5400m.). We will also visit the Trans Himalayan valleys of Chandra and Ladakh. During your trekking in Chandra valley, ponies will accompany you and carry all the heavy baggage. You yourself will be carrying only your daypack with items of immediate use such as a change of clothing, water bottle, camera, packed lunch etc.
Itinerary Subject to changes
Day 1 Arrive Delhi O/N Crest Inn or similar
Day 2 Mandi. O/N Hotel (BLD)
Train (3hrs10mins) to Chandigarh before drive (4-5 hrs) to Mandi with beautiful valley views.
Day 3 Manali. O/N Hotel Mountain Top (BLD)
Drive (4hrs) to Manali, visit Rorich Art Gallery and Naggar Castle at Naggar, enroute.
Day 4 Batal. O/N tent (BLD)
Drive to Batal (4hrs) over Rohtang Pass (3978m),
Offering good views of Chandra-Bhage range of peaks and glaciers above 5000m.
Day 5 Trek to Chandratal Lake (4270m). O/N tent (BLD)
Day 6 Chandratal Lake (Rest day). O/N tent (BLD)
Day 7 Trek to Tokpo Yongma (7-8 hrs) O/N tent (BLD)
Hard but rewarding trek to Tokpo Yongma with good opportunity to experience high Tibetan Plateau with good views of glaciers and peaks.
Day 8 Trek to Tokpo Gongma (4-6hrs). O/N tent (BLD)
We may walk extra on snow bridge to cross river.
Day 9 Trek to Sarchu. (4-5 hrs). O/N tent. (BLD)
Cross the Baralachala Pass (4890m) then drive to Sarchu.
Day 10 Leh. O/N hotel (BLD)
Drive 240km (7-8 hrs) over 2 passes: Lachulangla (5100m) and Tanglangla (5400m).
Day 11 Hemis & Stok. O/N hotel (BD)
Early morning drive to Hemis Monastery
Afternoon return to Leh visiting Stok Palace on the way.
Day 12 Spituk & Alchi. O/N Hotel (BLD)
Visit Alchi Monastery & Likir Monastery
Day 13 Delhi (BL)Fly to Delhi via Indian Airlines and transfer to hotel (day usage) before flight home
Terms O/N – Overnight, B – Breakfast, L - Lunch
D - Dinner
• 1-way Leh-Delhi economy flight
• Airport transfers and all transport costs in chartered transport from Airport to airport including transport for all sightseeing as indicated in itinerary
• 6-day trekking with meals, 2-man tents, trek guide, ponies , cooks and Helpers, Down Sleeping bag.
• Hotels (twin-share) with all meals at Delhi, Manali and Leh
• Train seats in AC Delhi-Chandigarh
• Personal insurance coverage by AIG
• English Speaking Indian Tour Leader
• Vegetarian catering arrangement during trek
• AIG Travel Insurance Classic Plan
• All monasteries entrance fees
• Briefing prior departure
• International Airfares & airport taxes & fuel Surcharge
• India visa + application service fees
• Expense of emergency in nature
• Personal expenses including tips, drinks
• All other meals
• Any other expenses paid due to any change in itinerary or any increase in taxes
A deposit of RM2000 is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
Special Note (For trekkers):
It is recommended that all trekkers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any high altitude trek. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from trekking to a high altitude.
Hypertension, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Severe Anemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity (overweight). Chronic Asthma, Muscular Cramps, Hepatitis (Jaundice); or any other disease, which may hamper the trekker.